Sunday, December 26, 2010

There's Nothing Like a White Christmas!

Wow, snow on Christmas in South Carolina! Talk about a Christmas Miracle! Actually, the snow came late last night and all day today, so I counted it as coming on Christmas. I got some pretty cool stuff, the best of these being a new Alvarez guitar (AD60CKU)! The thing sounds amazing compared to old crappy guitar. Thanks Santa!

The great sound of that new guitar (and the fact that is has a built-in-tuner) prompted me to learn a new song in which I had to drop tune my guitar (which was REALLY fast using that tuner). It's a pretty well-known song written by the Goo Goo Dolls, even though most people don't know it by its name "Iris". It's an absolutely beautiful song, and I highly recommend that everyone take a look at it. Here's a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdYWuo9OFAw.

Speaking of songs, a very good friend of mine posted a video of me playing at a summer camp on YouTube. Check it out, then watch some of her videos as well! They're really good, and she has a talent for singing. Her YouTube username is "ashleythemusician". Here is the link to the video of me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLU8Hz1-y_8, and here is a link to her profile where you can see all her other videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/AshleyTheMusician#p/a/u/0/TLU8Hz1-y_8.

Well that's all for today everyone, hope y'all had a great holiday! Comment, follow me, and I'll catch everyone back here tomorrow.

-Alex S.

No comments:

Post a Comment