Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ahhh Harmonies (December 14)

Well hello everyone. Let me begin this blog post by saying that cacti hurt. A lot. I have a dish of baby cacti sitting on my dresser, and I began this lovely December 14th by plunging my hand into the middle of them (on accident of course). Hey, at 6:15 in the morning, a dish of cacti looks a lot like a pile of books and papers. Or maybe I'm just crazy

Anyways, hand injury aside, today has been a successful day in the world of guitar for me! I learned a new scale (yes, shoot me, I'm getting excited over a scale). It's called the A minor Harmonic scale (i believe), and it is possibly one of the smoothest sounding scales in all of guitar. The sound is a lot like that in Spanish or Middle-Eastern music, and it wows anyone who hears it.

Well I'm going to add another part about my life, since it's quite a large achievement in my book. My friends and I have been working on a treehouse project in the woods for some time now, and until today it has only been a small triangular treehouse. You see, the problem is that the only wood we had was from knocking down wooden structures that were no longer needed, and the only nails we had were spares from family projects. Well today, we got our hands on more wood and nails, and we began to expand. Can anyone say "outdoor concert"?

So anyways, here's some questions to keep you occupied:
1.) Try out the Harmonic Scale. What do you think of it?
2.) What would be the one venue you would want to perform live at (and it doesn't have to be performing on the guitar)
That's all for tonight's post. Catch y'all on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment