Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow, Ice, Sleet; and all in South Carolina!

Wow, I don't think I've EVER seen it snow like this in South Carolina! The school board has even gone so far as to cancel school for the rest of the week! So basically I've had a weekend since Friday afternoon of LAST week! And then I have this Monday off too!

It's not actually that fun to go outside anymore, because the snow has been frozen over by a thick layer of ice... I mean really, who wants to have a snowball fight when there's shards of ice in the snowball? I know I don't... But oh well, less school work for me I suppose. More time to get some more songs under my belt on the guitar too!

Just over this EXCEPTIONALLY long weekend, I've learned two more songs (both very simple). The songs "Calling All Angels" and "Hey Soul Sister"; both of which are by Train. "Calling All Angels" is possibly the easiest song I have ever learned to play, but it's a song that has personal value to me, since I've been listening to it since I was little. "Hey Soul Sister" was also easy, but the strumming pattern is hard to get down, since you're essentially playing a hybrid of the guitar and the other small guitar he's playing (not really sure whether it's a mandolin or a ukulele).

Well I hope all of you have had a good week so far! I know I have! You know the usual, leave a comment, follow my blog, and keep checking back for more new posts!

-Alex S.

No comments:

Post a Comment