Thursday, January 20, 2011

Inspiration Comes in the Oddest of Places

Wow, I can't believe that I finally got that song put together. I'm not sure if I mentioned this in the last post or not (I'm pretty sure I did), but for all those who haven't read that one, I finished writing my first performance-worth song the other day. Where did I get the inspiration for the song you may ask? Nowhere really, the idea just popped into my head, so I did it!

This whole experience has been crazy, full of ups and downs, but it's been awesome. Definitely something I'm looking to do again soon. All through this time though, I've actually been reflecting on a Bible Verse that helped me believe that I could do it. The verse goes like this: "I can do everything through him who gives me strength" (Philippians 4:13). Pretty inspirational, right?

Now comes the hardest part of writing a song: getting other people's takes on it. I hate playing music in front of people (I know, that's probably a bad thing since I play the guitar), but I hate playing my own material in front of anyone. But once that's over with, if they say it's good enough, I may just get it copyrighted. Who knows, I may just have a career in music yet!

-Alex S.

No comments:

Post a Comment