Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's Been Crazy!

Man, I haven't posted a blog post in a while now! Oh well, it feels good to be back. Things have been so hectic around here: endless projects and tests, and on top of those, I have Confirmation stuff from Saturday to Tuesday when I actually get Confirmed. It will be worth it though. I've been trying so hard lately to get my religious life back in order, and I see Confirmation as my finish line. I say "finish line" not in the sense that I'm going to give up after that, but that it's the end of me having to try to love God. After this, I think I'll have the skills that I need to coast smoothly along.

I definitely think that being in a band with other members of my Church Youth Group helps a lot. It basically combines religion with something I love: music! And I NEVER thought I would say this, but the Christian music that we play is really good! Something about the melody gives the music an awe-inspiring tone, which i absolutely adore. Best part is that many of the songs are in my vocal range (which doesn't happen often!), so I can easily sing along while I play, which just makes the experience that much better.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm terrible at singing, so any tips that anyone is willing to offer would help greatly. I've got a couple questions for anyone who reads this.
1.) What do you think of Christian Music? Do you like it? Do you find it inspiring?
2.) Is it possible to take an AWFUL singing voice and teach it to sing? [More of a personal question]

Thanks for reading everyone!

-Alex S.

No comments:

Post a Comment