Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring Forward!

It's hard to believe that it's already springtime! This year has just flown by at breakneck speeds! Before I know it I'll be on Spring Break, and then on Easter Break (my school split the two for some reason), and then onto Summer Break! I'm not going to lie though, I'm going to miss this school year once it's over. There, I said it, I'm going to miss school. This year has been full of new experiences for me, new classes, new teachers, new friends, a new girlfriend, new sports, new injuries (although that's pretty much an every year thing), and most importantly, a newfound faith in God.

Before this school year started, the last time I had gone to church was when I was 4. That's just about 11 years! But then this year started, and my friend persuaded me to join the Cross Country team (which I loved by the way), and I met this girl. I had known her name for ages because my family and hers traded our textbooks every year (she was the grade above me, then her sister was the grade below me, then my sister was the grade below her, etc.). Her and I started talking, and she eventually got me to come to the St. John Neumann Youth Group. This Youth Group has totally changed my outlook on life from one being all about having fun, to one being all about doing God's will. And yes, if you're wondering, that girl is currently my girlfriend.

It's crazy to just see how much I've put religion into my life since the beginning of this year. I've joined a Youth Group, and was nominated to represent us at the National Catholic Youth Conference (NCYC) this coming November. I also helped in the formation of a Youth Band, which is steadily growing! I've also started consistently going to Church, and since I just got Confirmed, I decided to also become a Lector! At school, instead of taking the easy Sophomore Theology class, I signed up (and was accepted into) a Christian Leadership class, taught by my Youth Minister, the Director of Campus Ministry, and our school Priest, Fr. Kirby.

Wow, I wrote a lot more then I thought I would. Guess it all just had to come out at some point!

Peace,

~Alex S.

No comments:

Post a Comment